Bạn có đang tự hỏi cần phải biết bao nhiêu từ để có thể giao tiếp tiếng anh cơ bản? Câu trả lời là còn tùy thuộc vào chủ đề mà bạn muốn nói, và tất nhiên bạn phải biết càng nhiều từ càng tốt. Tuy nhiên sau đây là 100 từ thông dụng nhất trong tiếng Anh mà bạn nhất định phải biết.
100 từ thông dụng nhất trong tiếng Anh – Efis English
1. TIME: /taɪm/: what is measured in minutes, hours, days, etc.
e.g. The changing seasons mark the passage of time.
2. PERSON /ˈpɜːrsn/: a human as an individual
e.g. He’s a fascinating person.
3. YEAR /jɪr/: the period from 1 January to 31 December, that is 365 or 366 days, divided into 12 months
e.g. I lost my job earlier this year.
4. WAY /weɪ/: a method, style or manner of doing something
e.g. I love him and I think he feels the same way.
5. DAY /deɪ/: a period of 24 hours
e.g. I go to the gym every day.
6. THING /θɪŋ/: an object whose name you do not use because you do not need to or want to, or because you do not know it
e.g. Can you pass me that thing over there?
7. MAN /æn/: an adult male human
e.g. a good-looking young man
8. WORLD /wɜːrld/: the earth, with all its countries, peoples and natural features
e.g. Which is the largest city in the world?
9. LIFE /laɪf/: the ability to breathe, grow, produce young, etc. that people, animals and plants have before they die and that objects do not have
e.g. This could mean the difference between life and death.
10. HAND /hænd/: the part of the body at the end of the arm, including the fingers and thumb
e.g. Keep both hands on the steering wheel at all times.
11. PART /pɑːrt/: part of something some but not all of a thing
e.g. We spent part of the time in the museum.
12. CHILD /tʃaɪld/: a young human who is not yet an adult
e.g. She was a child star but never made it as an adult.
13. EYE /aɪ/: either of the two organs on the face that you see with
e.g. His eyes filled with tears.
14. WOMAN /ˈwʊmən/: an adult female human
e.g. a beautiful young woman
15. PLACE /pleɪs/: a particular position, point or area
e.g. I can’t be in two places at once.
16. WEEK /wiːk/: a period of seven days, either from Monday to Sunday or from Sunday to Saturday
e.g. They won by two goals the previous week.
17. CASE /keɪs/: a particular situation or a situation of a particular type
e.g. In most cases the increases have been marginal
18. POINT /pɔɪnt/: a thing that somebody says or writes giving their opinion or stating a fact
e.g. She made several interesting points in the article.
19. GOVERNMENT /ˈɡʌvərnmənt/: the group of people who are responsible for controlling a country or a state
e.g. She has resigned from the Government.
20. COMPANY /ˈkʌmpəni/: a business organization that makes money by producing or selling goods or services
e.g. He works for the National Bus Company.
21. NUMBER /ˈnʌmbər/: a word or symbol that represents an amount or a quantity
e.g. Think of a number and multiply it by two.
22. GROUP /ɡruːp/: a number of people or things that are together in the same place or that are connected in some way
e.g. A group of us are going to the theatre this evening.
23. PROBLEM /ˈprɑːbləm/: a thing that is difficult to deal with or to understand
e.g. She has a lot of health problems.
24. FACT /fækt/: a thing that is known to be true, especially when it can be proved
e.g. First, some basic facts about healthy eating.
100 từ thông dụng nhất trong tiếng Anh: Verbs
25. HAVE /hæv/: to own, hold or possess something
e.g. He had a new car and a boat.
26. DO /duː/: used to refer to actions that you do not mention by name or do not know about
e.g. We will do what we can to help.
27. SAY /seɪ/: to speak or tell somebody something, using words
e.g. Be quiet, I have something to say.
28. GET /ɡet/: to receive something
e.g. This room gets very little sunshine.
29. MAKE /meɪk/: to create or prepare something by combining materials or putting parts together
e.g. She makes her own clothes.
30. GO /ɡəʊ/: to move or travel from one place to another
e.g. I have to go to Rome on business.
31. KNOW /nəʊ/: to have information in your mind as a result of experience or because you have learned or been told it
e.g. I need to know your name.
32. TAKE /teɪk/: to carry or move something from one place to another
e.g. Remember to take your coat when you leave.
33. SEE /siː/: to become aware of somebody/something by using your eyes
e.g. I would like to see some proof of this statement.
34. COME /kʌm/: to move to or towards a person or place
e.g. She comes to work by bus.
35. THINK /θɪŋk/: to have a particular idea or opinion about something/somebody; to believe something
e.g. I didn’t think people were allowed to park here.
36. LOOK /lʊk/: to turn your eyes in a particular direction
e.g. Look closely and tell me what you see.
37. WANT /wɑːnt/: to have a desire or a wish for something/somebody
e.g. If you want more information, visit the website.
38. GIVE /ɡɪv/: to hand something to somebody so that they can look at it, use it or keep it for a time
e.g. She gave her ticket to the woman at the check-in desk.
39. USE /juːz/: to do something with a machine, a method, an object, etc. for a particular purpose
e.g. How often do you use the bus?
40. FIND /faɪnd/: to discover somebody/something unexpectedly or by chance
e.g. We’ve found a great new restaurant near the office.
41. TELL /tel/: to give information to somebody by speaking or writing
e.g. Did she tell you her name?
42. ASK /æsk/: to say or write something in the form of a question, in order to get information
e.g. Did you ask the price?
43. WORK /wɜːrk/: to do something that involves physical or mental effort, especially as part of a job
e.g. I can’t work if I’m cold.
44. SEEM /siːm/: to give the impression of being or doing something
e.g. Do whatever seems best to you.
45. FEEL /fiːl/: to experience a particular feeling or emotion
e.g. Are you feeling comfortable?
46. TRY /traɪ/: to make an attempt or effort to do or get something
e.g. I tried hard not to laugh.
47. LEAVE /liːv/: to go away from a person or a place
e.g. She left without saying goodbye.
48. CALL /kɔːl/: to give somebody/something a particular name; to use a particular name or title when you are talking to somebody
e.g. His name’s Hiroshi but everyone calls him Hiro.
Tính từ thông dụng trong tiếng Anh
49. GOOD /ɡʊd/: of high quality or an acceptable standard
e.g. The piano was in really good condition.
50. NEW /nuː/: not existing before; recently made, invented, introduced, etc.
e.g. Have you read her new novel?
51. FIRST /fɜːrst/: happening or coming before all other similar things or people; 1st
e.g. It was the first time they had ever met.
52. LAST /læst/: happening or coming after all other similar things or people
e.g. We caught the last bus home.
53. LONG /lɔːŋ/: measuring or covering a great length or distance, or a greater length or distance than usual
e.g. She had long dark hair.
54. GREAT /ɡreɪt/: very good or pleasant
e.g. What a great goal!
55. LITTLE /ˈlɪtl/: not big; small; smaller than others
e.g. a little house
56. OWN /əʊn/: used to emphasize that something belongs to or is connected with somebody
e.g. It was her own idea.
57. OTHER /ˈʌðər/: used to refer to people or things that are additional or different to people or things that have been mentioned or are known about
e.g. Are there any other questions?
58. OLD /əʊld/: of a particular age
e.g. In those days most people left school when they were only fifteen years old.
59. RIGHT /raɪt/: true or correct as a fact
e.g. Did you get the answer right?
60. BIG /bɪɡ/: large in size, degree, amount, etc.
e.g. This shirt isn’t big enough.
61. HIGH /haɪ/: measuring a long distance from the bottom to the top
e.g. What’s the highest mountain in the US?
62. DIFFERENT /ˈdɪfrənt/: not the same as somebody/something; not like somebody/something else
e.g. American English is significantly different from British English.
63. SMALL /smɔːl/: not large in size, number, degree, amount, etc.
e.g. a small town/village/community
64. LARGE /lɑːrdʒ/: big in size or quantity
e.g. a large number of people
65. NEXT /nekst/: coming straight after somebody/something in time, order or space
e.g.The next train to Baltimore is at ten.
66. EARLY /ˈɜːrli/: near the beginning of a period of time, an event etc.
e.g. the early morning
67. YOUNG /jʌŋ/: having lived or existed for only a short time; not fully developed
e.g. Young babies need to be wrapped up warmly.
68. IMPORTANT /ɪmˈpɔːrtnt/: having a great effect on people or things; of great value
e.g. We have an important decision to make.
69. FEW /fjuː/: used with plural nouns and a plural verb to mean ‘a small number’, ‘some’
e.g. We’ve had a few replies.
70. PUBIC /ˈpʌblɪk/: connected with ordinary people in society in general
e.g. The campaign is designed to increase public awareness of the issues.
71. BAD /bæd/: unpleasant; full of problems
e.g. I have some bad news for you, I’m afraid.
72. SAME /seɪm/: exactly the one or ones referred to or mentioned; not different
e.g. We have lived in the same house for twenty years.
73. ABLE /ˈeɪbl/: to have the skill, intelligence, opportunity, etc. needed to do something
e.g. You must be able to speak French for this job.
100 từ thông dụng nhất trong tiếng Anh: Giới từ
74. TO /tuː/: in the direction of something; towards something
e.g. I walked to the office.
75. OF /əv/: belonging to somebody; relating to somebody
e.g. a friend of mine
76. IN /ɪn/: at a point within an area or a space
e.g. a country in Africa
77. FOR /fɔːr/: used to show who is intended to have or use something or where something is intended to be put
e.g. There’s a letter for you.
78. ON /ɑːn/: in or into a position covering, touching or forming part of a surface
e.g. a picture on a wall
79. WITH /wɪθ/: in the company or presence of somebody/something
e.g. She lives with her parents.
80. AT /æt/: used to say where something/somebody is or where something happens
e.g. at the corner of the street
81. BY /baɪ/: used for showing how or in what way something is done
e.g. The house is heated by gas.
82. FROM /frəm/: used to show where somebody/something starts
e.g. She began to walk away from him.
83. UP /ʌp/: towards or in a higher position
e.g. He jumped up from his chair.
84. ABOUT /əˈbaʊt/: on the subject of somebody/something; in connection with somebody/something
e.g. a book about flowers
85. INTO /ˈɪntə/: to a position in or inside something
e.g. Come into the house.
86. OVER /ˈəʊvər/: resting on the surface of somebody/something and partly or completely covering them/it
e.g. She put a blanket over the sleeping child.
87. AFTER /ˈæftər/: later than something; following something in time
e.g. We’ll leave after lunch.
Parts of speech words
88. THE /ðə/: used to refer to somebody/something that has already been mentioned or is easily understood
89. AND /ənd: also; in addition to
90. A /ə/: used before countable or singular nouns referring to people or things that have not already been mentioned
91. THAT /ðæt/: used for referring to a person or thing that is not near the speaker or as near to the speaker as another
92. I /aɪ/: used as the subject of a verb when the speaker or writer is referring to himself/herself
93. IT /ɪt/: used to refer to an animal or a thing that has already been mentioned or that is being talked about now
94. NOT /nɑːt/: used with be, do or have to form the negative of verbs; used to form the negative of modal verbs like can or must
95. HE /hi/: a male person or animal that has already been mentioned or is easily identified
96. AS /əz/: used to describe somebody/something appearing to be somebody/something else
97. YOU /juː/: used as the subject or object of a verb or after a preposition to refer to the person or people being spoken or written to
98. THIS /ðɪs/: used to refer to a particular person, thing or event that is close to you, especially compared with another
99. BUT /bʌt/: used to introduce a word or phrase that contrasts with what was said before
100. HIS /hɪz/: of or belonging to a man or boy who has already been mentioned or is easily identified
101. THEY /ðeɪ/: people, animals or things that have already been mentioned or are easily identified
102. HER /hər/: used as the object of a verb, after the verb be or after a preposition to refer to a woman or girl who has already been mentioned or is easily identified
103. SHE /ʃi/: a female person or animal that has already been mentioned or is easily identified
104. OR /ɔːr/: used to introduce another possibility
105. AN /æn/: = a
106. WILL /wɪl/: only used in the simple present tense
107. MY /maɪ/: of or belonging to the speaker or writer
108. ONE /wʌn/: the number 1
109. ALL /ɔːl/: the whole number of
110. WOULD /wʊd/: used in polite offers or invitations
111. THERE /ðer/: used to show that something exists or happens
112. THEIR /ðer/: of or belonging to people, animals or things that have already been mentioned or are easily identified
Trên đây là hơn 100 từ thông dụng nhất trong tiếng Anh, đây là những từ cơ bản nhất và nền tảng nhất. Hãy nắm thật vững nhé!!
Nếu bạn quan tâm khóa học tiếng Anh của Efis English, hãy đừng chần chừ mà nhắn ngay cho tụi mình nhé!
Efis English – Hanoi Free Private Tour Guide
? 185 Chùa Láng, Đống Đa, Hà Nội
? Fanpage IELTS: IELTS Complete
? Fanpage EFIS ENGLISH: EFIS English – Học tiếng Anh thực tế
? Fanpage HANOI FREE PRIVATE TOUR GUIDE:
Hanoi Free Private TOUR GUIDE – Dẫn tour cho người nước ngoài Học tiếng Anh
? Group luyện thi IELTS: Cùng luyện thi IELTS
Có thể bạn quan tâm:
Tiếng Anh chủ đề khách sạn: mẫu câu thông dụng
Game học tiếng Anh | 5 Tựa Game Nhập Vai Hay Nhất
Tài liệu tự học tiếng Anh đầy đủ cả 4 kỹ năng
Bài thuyết trình tiếng Anh: tổng hợp các mẫu câu
Customer Tour | Học tiếng Anh dẫn tour